Cresap Family

Cresap Family

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Good Christmas

We didn't get to join the Hales for the Christmas Eve program, because Clint was sick and barely able to stand for a minute at a time. We had our quiet, traditional Eve here. We watched Luke II, then read it and sang a very tiny bit. Then the boys got to open their new PJs and books. This year I got all the books and videos at the library sale. The boys loved them! Tal got a graphic novel adaptation of The Hobbit. Cole got the Gnome Book, Jack a hidden dragon book and Trace got Make Way for Ducklings. Much higher quality books that I could get on sale at a store, and the boys didn't even comment on the fact that they were used.

Aunt Jenny was kind enough to give us some of the fried ice cream that she'd prepared for the Huntsville Mexican feast. I'm pretty sure you could die from that stuff. It is that good. That will have to be a tradition! Cole and Tal could not get past their reservations about the brown stuff, but Jack, Trace, Clint and I devoured ours.

Here is our Christmas morning feast. Birthday cake for Jesus, jerky, and OJ.


7 comments:

Elder Dad and Sister Mom said...

I'd love to have Christmas at your house.

Joe and Liz said...

Yum! I want some of that fried ice cream!

Joe and Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
olderockhouse said...

Sarah, I read through all of your new blogs but will only comment once...I love that you blog so regularly. I am so far behind, I think I gave up! I love seeing all the adventures of the Cresap boys. I don't know how you do it. It is fun to "be" there for the birthday's, christmas eve, trips to weather stations and temple square, etc... What fun you have. I need to be more adventurous and join you in some of the fun. Good job on the family history! And Happy 9th and 42nd to Clint and Cole!

olderockhouse said...

PS...I really like your house decorating and all of Clint's beautiful wood work!

olderockhouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
olderockhouse said...

Sorry... it was a duplicate