Cresap Family

Cresap Family

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Apple Pip Princess, March 20, 2012

This is my wonderful friend, Gina, and her oldest son, Josh backstage after the Virginia Tanner Children's Theater performance of the Apple Pip Princess. Since I moved back to Utah I've been dying to see Josh perform! I remember when he was a 4-year-old dancing in his living room as he watched the Nutcracker over and over again. He's been on scholarship dancing with the Virginia Tanner dance company for many years now, and Ballet West before that. That is many miles on Gina's car driving back and forth from Ogden.

I have to say sitting there in the theater with Gina I felt like I'd come full circle. It was Gina who directed our one-act play "The Voices" that took first place in region in high school. Our circle of friends did lots of Shakespeare, melodramas, choir, dance, orchestra and visual art as well. Exulting in the arts is something I associate with my old friends and Utah. Watching those children perform dances that they had created themselves to depict that beautiful story and seeing the gorgeous costumes and scenery and hearing the beautiful music... my spirit said, "Yay! I'm back!"

1 comment:

victoria said...

Here I am, commenting again. This is how I felt after Madalyn's recital. And every once in a while, when I hear some really beautiful music - I remember: I LOVE MUSIC! It's good for the soul.