Cresap Family

Cresap Family

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 My Mother Kept a Garden -- Author Unknown
My Mother kept a garden, 
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it's start.

She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing 
the seeds of self-esteem...

And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I'd need to stand up strong and tough.

Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.

I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love
reflected back from me.

I'm normally a cynic about sappy poems, but this one really got to me. Maybe because of the beautiful flower garden, above?
Trace, I'm hanging on to this one. I'm sure you're girlfriends will love to see it. 
And wasn't it nice that the Primary presented me with this lovely flower garden to look at as I gaze out my window?
It was a great Mother's Day. I got lots of lovely art and nice notes from the boys. Tal's said, "Even the grumpy old garden gnomes love you, Mom." Jack's said he loves it when I make dinner, that I look prettiest when I go on a date, and that he likes jumping on the trampoline with me. Tal made me a wonderful breakfast of his special recipe of nachos. Clint made me a delicious dinner of clam linguine.

6 comments:

Gianetta said...

that is so precious!

Kristen said...

That picture of Trace is absolutely a keeper. I love his expression.

Also, cute primary idea for the Mother's Day flowers! It makes for the perfect window display.

Speech Language Lady said...

Where did your baby go?!!? I really just spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out how old that picture was and which of the other boys it must have been before it dawned on me that the freeze-framed image I have of little Trace is about 2 years old now. WOW! Hope all is well for the Cresaps.

Katie said...

Oh yeah! Talmage and his morning nachos! Ha!

Elder Dad and Sister Mom said...

I'm so glad you enjoy Mothers' Day!

Joe and Liz said...

Aww how sweet of your boys!!