Cresap Family

Cresap Family

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thanks, I needed that.

I loved this talk. It's been a rough week, for no particular reason. It just seems the shrieking and fighting has been a lot more common than usual (hhmmm...maybe it's all the time the parents have wasted--I mean spent, on facebook this week). I've been feeling kind of picked on. This talk was the perfect anecdote. It's been edited and some of my favorite parts are missing. Particularly several stories that show how well his family could laugh at difficult times--like when they went the wrong way on I-80 and didn't realize it till they crossed the stateline into Nevada, and they just laughed. Or when their daughter was waiting for a blind date and when an older man showed up she looked a bit confused but headed out to the car with him. A minute later she returned, saying that he wasn't her date, but a man to pick up her younger sister for babysitting! The parents laughed so hard and so long they couldn't even go out and greet the real date when he arrived. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

olderockhouse said...

Sarah, this is amazing...I thought about that talk all during Sacrament meeting and printed it out for my bedside reading tonight. Then I opened your blog and I couldn't believe it! We must be having sister mind-melding goin on! I sure loved talking to you this week. I always feel so happy after talking to you. I love your wisdom and total acceptance of all my faults and follies! Love you sis!

Mom & Dad said...

Thanks so much, dear Sarah. Isn't it wonderful that even though he is gone on, we can still hear his voice and see his face. And that particular talk is a treasure.