I'm a little behind to be talking about Valentines, but this year's was especially good. When Clint and I were dating he totally dreaded Valentines. Apparently more than one of his girl friends had broken up with him on Valentines Day. So I think the 3rd time I broke up with Clint I made sure it was a good two weeks before that fateful day. Horrible. So I think it was still a couple of years into our marriage that Valentines Day still was called a "Hallmark" holiday. But that is all well behind us now :).
I loved that this Valentines Day fell on a four-day holiday and we kind of stretched it out. On Friday we watched a bit of the John Adams miniseries and we reminisced about our dating days, which as I mentioned before, were a bit bumpy. But reminiscing about it as married folks was pretty great. All's well that ends well.
Saturday (the 14th) we exchanged extended cards. Going with the Facebook theme, Clint made me a list of 24 things he loves about Sarah. I loved it. I appreciate that he's a great writer, definitely a turn-on for me. I gave Clint a love-note journal with a long first entry, that I can add to whenever I think of it, or on special occasions. (I've already added to it, but I don't think he noticed). And upon request, I got some white roses which I love as they remind me of the dozen white roses he sent to me years before we ever started dating.
Then on Monday we finally got to go on our Valentine's Day date. We went mountain biking for the first time in Tennessee. It was really fun. I only wish I had the coordination Clint has, then I could have kept up with him on that tricky trail--many trees to dodge. Monday night we rented and watched "Fireproof." It is a fabulous movie on marriage and I would recommend it to anyone. It opened up a great conversation for us. http://http//www.fireproofthemovie.com/
So I'm still basking in the glow of that great Valentines. I think it's great that we have a holiday that helps us adults stop being Mom, Dad, employee, house cleaner, cook, religious teacher, school supporter, etc. and remember that we are also so blessed to be sweethearts.
5 comments:
Hmmm. This post may be a sign that it is time to stop paying the internet bill.
Incidentally, it was "26 things." I wonder which two she didn't feel were valid.
sounds lovely. we just made it out for our valentines date tonight, and it was great! (read: made it out, not made out.) (although that will hopefully happen as soon as the kids are in bed.) it is wonderful to be with your sweetie. glad you have a good one too.
Loved reading this post...made me all sentimental inside...I'm missing the Cliffster so much! Fireproof was awesome! We saw it over here at the Futenma theater as part of a chapel sponsored activity. It started great dialogue for us, too. Even if you have a pretty solid, loving marriage...it is still eye opening. It made me recommit to making my husband my first consideration in everything.
I liked your love-note journal idea...that's really cute! Glad you had a fun.
Post a Comment